Monday, 24 March 2008

Anxiety - still winning the battle

Everything is boringly good here.

Friday was the best day. While I was out with the children, Marie made an appointment to see our doctor at the out-of-hours clinic - about 9 miles from our home. She rang me to tell me she needed a lift there, but due to heavy traffic, I couldn't get home in time. Much to my surprise, as I neared our home, I found out that she had made her own way there by car. Even more surprising, she then went into the clinic and saw the doctor - all by herself! When I was near the clinic, I met her on her way back home!

Then on Sunday, when we were all out in the car, I pulled into a petrol station to fill up the car. While I was busy pumping petrol, Marie got out of the car and walked about 10m over to the mini-supermarket attached to the petrol station. She then got some supplies and went to the checkout - also settling my petrol bill!

And yesterday (Monday) while we were at Marie's parents' house, she came out into their pretty large garden to run around the lawn, joining in the ball game I was having with the children.

All these events are totally NOT the norm for Marie, so things are changing around here...

12 comments:

Lynn said...

This is a great post. I am so proud of Marie!!! Im glad she is seeing that this isn't all about EFT being successful. Its down to the strength she has inside herself. x

Rachael Hale said...

Hey Robert
Thanks for the comment, im feeling slightly better today although my nerves are quite bad now. Im seeing my psychiatrist tommorrow, hopefully things will pick up again.
Its good to hear Marie has been doing so well, i really hope it continues.
Take care
Rachael

Rachel's Diary said...

Fab news for u ... I bet you feel like ur havin a second honeymoon!!! Did you notice I tagged you.... x have a go its fun!

Robert said...

Hi lynn & rachel -

Thanks for your good wishes! Hopefully you will begin to improve soon too!

Robert said...

I noticed that you had tagged me, rachael. As soon as I have the time, I'll have a go - I promise!

Aff said...

Well done, Marie!

*Starts Mexican wave in celebration*

lady thinker said...

Oh Robert - how lovely to read of the positive changes - long may they continue. All best wishes to you and marie...

The Dummies books look interesting too...

Robert said...

Aff & Penelope -

Thanks for dropping by & leaving your comments!

Coffeecup said...

I'm so impressed by your progress Marie that I've ordered that CBT for Dummies book. Something positive must have come from it even if it's just the right vibes! Good is never boring, good is wonderful stuff. Well done indeed for the successes of late!!! From small steps come giant leaps. This could be the turning point, keep the momentum going and soon enough the limitations will get a lot wider. :-) Smiling!!!

SarahC♥ said...

What more can i add?
FABULOUS :)

BlyJette said...

Good deal!! Hope things are still this good or even better! :-)

Bookworm said...

Hi Robert,

Congrats to your wife on making amazing progess!

Thanks for your comment on my post. Yes, I am going to look into seeing a new psychiatrist (using that web site for reference). Unfortunately I may not have a ton of choices since many are not accepting new patients and I am looking to see someone closer to home than not.

BTW - I have added your blog to my blogroll. Funny...I thought I had already done that...lol. Hope you have an excellent week! xoxo