Friday, 4 September 2009

Children, dogs & beaches


I love living near the coast. As do the children. Here's why...

During the past week, the children and I visited three different beaches. They're all within a couple of miles from our home. None of them are signposted or accessible by car; so the vast majority of tourists holidaying in the area don't even know they exist.

Firstly, we have the 20m waterfall beach. The waterfall flow depends on the weather. The kids love to stand underneath it, usually naked, but I forgot to bring towels on the day we visited here.

Then we have the surfing beach. Only good on windy days - not a very frequent occurrence here. I haven't tried surfing yet, but if Joseph or Orla were to want to have a go, then I'd join them.

Dogs love our sparsely populated beaches too. Collette's dogs are boarding with us while she's off to Turkey (with big sister Carla and their husbands). Dog lovers might enjoy the video clip. Here the dogs are frolicking in and out of the waves. Btw, there's a lot of wind noise on the video.

video

Sadly, Marie has never seen these beaches since they are inaccessible to her. But maybe one day...

9 comments:

Coffeecup said...

I'm very jealous! :-)

Nota Bene said...

Wonderful waterfall beach! Hope Marie gets to visit one day

Rachael said...

wow, i would love to live near scenery like that :) x

rosiero said...

I love to see dogs enjoying themselves and those three certainly seemed to be doing that. Our Snoopy hates water and will just about go in as far as his ankles if he absolutely has to, but he certainly won't swim!!! So sad that Marie has not even been on these beaches. It just brings it home what agoraphobia does!

Nechtan said...

Hi Robert,

I was going to say those must be great places for children to visit but us adults don't grow out of loving them too. Not to forget about the doggies too who make the most frolicking when given the freedom to do so. The beaches are beautiful. It must be like another world for th young ones.

All the best

Nechtan

Casdok said...

Your own private beaches - and a waterfall - wow!

maz said...

The beaches look great Robert.
Looks like you had fun!
maz x

Robert said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone. they are much appreciated.

j said...

Hi Robert,
I love dogs and i have 2 myself! I'd love to live outside of the city!I too suffer from agoraphobia and just wanted to tell you that your blog and your wife's have encouraged me to start blogging! Thanks and I hope you well!