Friday, 16 October 2009

Baby's life is in the balance


Baby Matthew is in the intensive ward at the hospital on a life support machine.

Today we found out that he has heart defects. He has immature, narrow arteries and two holes in his heart. He is to have a make-or-break operation in the morning. Jenna told me that she needs me to be with her so I am flying to Ireland early (very) in the morning.

Daughter Colleen is staying with Marie until her parents come to take her to their house. The children will go there too, and will be absent from school until I return. Such are the consequences of having an agoraphobic, monophobic wife.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

14 comments:

Nechtan said...

Fingers crossed here too Robert. I hope all goes well for baby Matthew and I wish you and Jenna all the best too.

Nechtan

diver said...

Ouch. My thoughts and best wishes are with you and all your family Robert.

Bsquared86/Bsquared0408 said...

I hope for the best! Prayers for your family!

Sarah♥ said...

Thinking of you Robert.

Rachael said...

im sorry to hear that Robert, im thinking of matthew and your family and hoping everything goes well
xxxxxx

Casdok said...

Fingers crossed here too. Really hope all goes well.

maz said...

Aw Robert, God bless, I'll say a wee prayer, things work out well.


maz x

alice said...

take care robert, and im sure things will work out.

xxx

ladythinker said...

All digits crossed and saying prayers too..

Michelle said...

That's a tough thing. I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope everything has turned out well.

Kaci said...

Your family is in my prayers. I Hope for the best Robert.

Blogger with Ocd said...

Prayers coming from me, for sure...

www.itsmewithocd.blogspot.com

Nioniel said...

My thoughts are with you and your family at this tough time, I hope that baby Matthew is ok.

Robert said...

**** MOST SINCERE THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR KIND MESSAGES. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!