Saturday, 14 February 2009

The Agoraphobic Valentine's Day


When Carla offered to look after her little brother and sister yesterday evening, Marie and I seized the opportunity. Joseph and Orla were excited (as always) about going there. We took them to Carla's house just before dinner. That left us with the whole evening to spend as we wished. Just the two of us. All by ourselves. Our slightly early Valentine's Day celebration.

We started by having an Indian meal. Marie was too anxious to eat out, so we fetched our favourite Indian meal from our favourite take-away. Afterwards we went to an agoraphobia-friendly cinema to watch Slumdog Millionaire. I was pleasantly surprised to find that (for me) it lived up to all the media hype. We were left with a happy glow - just perfect for the occasion.



The evening didn't end there, of course, since this was our Valentine's Day celebration. The house was a child-free area, and I had accidentally turned up the heating ;), so we just had to remove some clothes and then....



13 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

LOL Happy Valentine's Day to you and Marie :) Sounds like you had a great one!

rosiero said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you both. That is one thing that agoraphobia can't take away from you! Enjoy!!!!!!

Sarah♥ said...

Hi Robert..
Forgive my ignorance, but what is an agoraphobia friendly cinema?

x

Angel said...

lol sarah x
He means in our living room at home!!

Kit Courteney said...

That sounds pretty damn perfect!

Nechtan said...

Ha. You sly old dog. If I cranked up the heating it would send my wife to sleep- or more likely me.

So good that the two of you had a good night in. My wife has not been without the baby boy since he was born so our romantic nights will have to wait till he is a little older as our families live a distance away.

All the best
Nechtan

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day! I call an agoraphobia-friendly cinema "Netflix". ;-)

rosiero said...

You've got me intrigued now. I thought Marie had actually gone out to a cinema. How do you get to see new films (before the DVD is out) at home?

Sarah♥ said...

Thats what confused me!
I guessed that they were at home but couldn't understand how they were watching Slumdog.

Robert said...

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Sarah & rosiero & anyone else who is interested - Marie & I know someone connected with movie distribution so we can sometimes get an industry preview to watch. It's not as good as going to the cinema, but going there is currently not an option for Marie.

WesleyG said...

I had a similar valentines day experience. Since my girlfriends b-day is a few days before v-day, we decided to take it easy and stay in.

Of course, that didn't stop us from getting 6 lobsters :)

Blogger with Ocd said...

(Wesley, I see you everywhere! :) )

Hi, Robert.

I was wondering the same thing about the agoraphobic friendly cinema!

(In the U.S. we call the cinema "the movies," but I like the charm of "cinema!")

www.itsmewithocd.blogspot.com

Blogger with Ocd said...

(Wesley, I see you everywhere! :) )

Hi, Robert.

I was wondering the same thing about the agoraphobic friendly cinema!

(In the U.S. we call the cinema "the movies," but I like the charm of "cinema!")

www.itsmewithocd.blogspot.com