Thursday, 20 March 2008

Beating the Anxiety Bully

Marie & I would like to thank everyone for their comments and messages of encouragement after the previous post. It's really boosting her self-esteem and inspiring her to continue to fight her agoraphobia.
She has also spent some hours reading her CBT for Dummies books. Reading is not one of Marie's main activities (except for various celebrity gossip magazines), so there is something going on!

Animations - camaro-02

Marie drove some more today. She's consolidating her territorial gain!

It's not earth-shattering progress, but there's a breath of hope in the air. Actually, it's stronger than that - Marie is starting to believe that she can have a panic attack and not die. Here's a snippet of what she wrote on her post on the "No More Panic" forum
(or you can read the whole post here, if you wish)...

"
[I am] starting to believe - for the first time! - that [I] can get [my] life back on track if [I am] very brave and stand up to the anxiety bully. And [I] found out that anxiety really does die whilst you are panicking...so it's ok to try to do new things step by step...."

Hopefully, there will be lots more positive posts to follow!

Animations - smiley-13



10 comments:

SarahC♥ said...

So so happy for Marie :)

Rachel's Diary said...

wow.... what's goin on ere.... you will be startin a new blog soon... " how my wife got over agraphobia" !!!!! xxxx hugs to marie

Robert said...

Hi Rachel -

I would LOVE to be able to write that blog!

I've passed on your hugs (and added some more of my own).

Rachael Hale said...

Well done Marie!

Marie said...

Thanks for the encouragement girls! I need it to keep this up!

Rachel's Diary said...

keep bloggin so we can see ur progress lass xxxx

Rachel's Diary said...

PS... you may be thinking..why is Rach leaving comments after all this time..the answer is..It wouldnt let me before, I dont know what was going on... but I do read your blog and enjoy it. LOL just thought i'd explain!! xxxx

Rach x said...

I have tagged u...check my blogg

Gary said...

Things are going so well guys! well done Marie

jason said...

Nice one. A very well-written post on methods to attack anxiety.Here is a very good wesbite that has plenty of guides regarding simple methods toattack anxiety. Thought I might share it with you. It's at http://www.attackanxiety.org.