Monday, 18 January 2010

My two baby grandsons



Baby Lucas first.

Here he is at 1 day old.  Baby Lucas has a chest infection and is on antibiotics.  It's a shame, really.  Collette and Neil have their much-wanted baby, but cannot bring him home for a week or so.  They are a little disappointed, although it's not showing in this picture of Collette with Lucas (age 2 days).

And the very much hands-on dad Neil doesn't look disappointed here, either.

Only parents are allowed to see Lucas, so Marie and I haven't seen him in the flesh yet.
Big Smileys

Hopefully it won't be long until we do!


Now on to baby Matthew, now 3½ months old.  Here he is with happy mum, Jenna.

He definitely not the skinny baby of a few months ago.  He had a checkup today and he's not just doing well - he's doing extremely well.  Just to think how worried we all were about him 3 months ago!  He's coming to visit us in just over 2 weeks, and he's bringing mum and big sister Elisha as well.  Another thing to look forward to!


13 comments:

Nikki said...

Awww, they're all beautiful, you must be so proud :) It must be nice to have a big family too! x.

Nota Bene said...

They're so small...amazing what they grow into...po

Crystal Jigsaw said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures and so uplifting after all the bad news recently.

Thanks for posting, CJ xx

Rachael said...

They are beautiful Robert! Good to see Matthew is doing so well
xx

Nechtan said...

Hi Robert,

You must be so proud, two beautiful little boys. I know it will seem like an eternity but I hope the week passes quickly and more importantly that baby Lucas has the recovery genes of his cousin. Glad to hear how Matthew has come on leaps and bounds.

All the best

Nechtan

agoraphob said...

Robert-

you have a beautiful family! Congrats on the new additions!

shelly

♥ Kathy said...

They are beautiful!

diver said...

Lovely looking pair of lads; and great news about the thriving Matthew!

It may be my imagination ... but I reckon I can see the face of grandpa Robert in both those boys? Has anyone else mentioned that?

Robert said...

Nikki - I think they're beautiful too! And yes, I like my big family, although...they take up a lot of my time!

NB - Hopefully they'll grow up better looking than their me!

CJ - Good news is always welcome here!

Rachael - I think they're beautiful too! Matthew is doing soooo well :0)

Nechtan - Yep, I'm proud of them. Proud of all my grandchildren, in fact.

agoraphob - Thanks for the compliment and the congrats

Kathy - I can't disagree with you!

diver - You're the only one who has mentioned any similarity in appearance between me and the 2 grandchildren! I must admit that I haven't noticed this either. I'm kinda hoping that they'll grow up to do better than me in the looks department!

maz said...

Hi Robert the new little one does look a bit like you - I just sneaked back to check and in the photo with colette it's definately there! LOL
I'm glad they're all doing so well!
Maz x

Robert said...

Maz - Thanks for that. Looks a bit like me, does he? Is it the sparse hair or sleeping with his mouth open? :0)

The Nakamuras on Saipan said...

Beautiful baby, I will pray he gets well quickly, I know how stressful it is when our little ones are ill (I have 18 grans). Matthew is quite the hefty little one...cute, very cute! I hope you have a wonderful visit!

Robert said...

TNoS - 18 grandchildren??! I'm imoressed. Thanks for the compliments.