Saturday, 16 January 2010

New baby!




My youngest grown-up daughter, Collette, gave birth to a baby boy at 12:01 am this morning.  She was more than a week late, so it's a bit of a relief that it's all over.

Here are the tecnical details - the baby is called Lucas, he weighed 8lbs 11oz (3.94 kg), normal delivery using water birth.

I haven't got a photo yet because unfortunately his umbilical cord was wrapped around his neck, and he has to spend a few days in hospital.  This also made the labour longer and more difficult.  However, it looks as though everything will be ok eventually.

All the family are overjoyed, especially proud dad, my son-in-law, Neil.  Lucas is Collette's first baby and my sixth grandchild.

Photos to follow!


16 comments:

rosiero said...

Congratuations!

♥ Kathy said...

awww congratulations!!

A Heron's View said...

Hello, I have just called in from Grumpy Old Ken's blog. I guess you will be busy wetting the baby's head tonight ,that is if you haven't done that already?

alice said...

congrat robert and marie. xxxx

Rachael said...

Congratulations!

The Nakamuras on Saipan said...

Congrats on the wonderful new baby! I have just come from Grumpy Old Ken's site for a visit. My niece is autistic, so I understand some of the challenges you face. Best wishes to you and your family. I also loved your son's site!

Ruby said...

Congratulations! All the best to all

maz said...

Aw congratulations Robert!
Late babies can be a worry with cords! the baby's bigger and there's a lot less room in there!

I'm so please to hear everything worked out well!
maz x

Robert said...

rosiero, Kathy, alice, Rachel and Ruby - Thanks for the congratulations

A Heron's View - thanks for dropping by. You're very welcome here. We didn't wet the baby's head because he was still in hospital. Logical or not, there's a nagging worry while he's there.

Mrs Nahamura - only those who know autistic children or young adults thanks have any idea of the joys and sorrows of caring for an autistic child. Thanks for your comment and for dropping by. You're very welcome here.

maz - I didn't know about those issues about late, bigger babies. I'm always learning! Thanks for the congratulations.

Nechtan said...

Hi Robert,

Congratulations. I hope both mother and child are doing well.

All the best

Nechtan

Nota Bene said...

Congrats all round...great way to start the new year

Nikki said...

Congratulations! Cant wait to see pictures :)

Robert said...

Nechtan & NB - thanks for the congrats

Nikki - Pictures coming soon

The Dotterel said...

Hearty congratulations to you all!

Faith Hoffen said...

Congratulations to all!:)

Robert said...

TD and FH - Thanks for the congratulations.